The first week of your baby's life will be a whirlwind of joy and new experiences. Before you know it, it will be over. It helps to think ahead about what pictures you would like to capture. Here are a few ideas to get you started.....
1. Proud Parents - First moments with Mummy and Daddy are must have pictures.
2. Sleeping: You'll have an abundance of these pictures but I know you will treasure everyone!
Photos you may not have thought about
3. First looks: Seeing your baby for the very first time is the most surreal, incredible experience possible. If you have someone capture a photo, a series of photographs, or even a video of this special moment I promise you will treasure it forever. Not because it’s glamorous, but because it’s raw and full of meaning. Whether you want to share these moments with the world or treasure them privately, they will allow you to re-live this special experience over and over. Ask a family member or friend take them, or even ask a nurse (I really don’t think they’d mind– some even offer).
4. Detail shots: Newborn babies change so quickly. Make sure to capture all their sweet little features before they go changing on you.
5. With Siblings: If you have more than one child, get some of when they first meet and some at home when they are a little more comfortable with one another.
6. First family photo: These are by far some of our favorite pictures; all of us together for the first time.
7. Awake: Good luck getting any of these pictures but if you can, it’s wonderful to have some pictures of their eyes because they will most likely change.
8. VIP's: Friends and family alike may visit you at the hospital and you will want to remember some of the first people that met your bundle of joy. Be sure to snap some of those pictures as well!
9. Funny faces: Each baby will have a few signature faces that you’ll want to capture. They will make some memorable ones especially during all the poking and prodding in the hospital; their first bath will certainly get a reaction. And if you see a little smile, well we know it's not a real smile but capture it anyway :)
The photos don't have to be perfect, leave the professional pics to us. This is all about capturing memories and moments in their first, fresh, 48 hours.
When you are home and settled into a routine (or not) that's the time to have their first professional newborn photoshoot. Their first professional family photoshoot, photos with their siblings and those beautiful and natural photos of them curled up that you can print, share and keep for ever. A newborn photoshoot in our Morley studio is a chance for Mummy and Daddy to rest, enjoy some snacks, sit back and watch as we photograph their beautiful newborn baby.
Email us and book your session before your baby arrives and your whirlwind of joy begins.